Monday, December 29, 2014

Completions for 2011


Yes, I know. The year is almost halfway done already and I'm just now posting a finish. In my defense, 2011 didn't exactly start off in a forgiving manner. But that's okay. That means the rest of the year has to get better!




"In Loving Memory" chart pack designed by Ellen Maurer-Stroh

This project was begun about a week before March and was very hard for me to work on. It was intended to be displayed at my Mom's memorial service, but I kept getting so frustrated and angry with the entire situation that I couldn't spend more than an hour or so at a time working on it before I just stopped stitching and fumed at the world in general. By the time I got my childish temper tantrums under control and really buckled down to stitch, there simply wasn't enough time to finish before Mom passed.

I stitched this over 2 on 28 ct Jobelan. The fabric was labelled as being a color called "cameo". The chart was very easy to read and equally easy to stitch once my personal issues were removed from the process. Even with me refusing to stitch for days at a time, I completed "In Loving Memory" in just under 4 months. I probably could have completed it in half that time if circumstances had been different.




"Wreath" from the Millcraft, Inc book "Garfield... A Very Merry Christmas!"

And here's the famous fat cat in all his holiday glory! It took me three weeks to complete this project and even then I spent quite a number of days vegging out in front of the television with the floss and fabric spread across my lap waiting to be remembered.

As I'm sure you can imagine, he was an extremely easy stitch with the most complicated part being the backstitching throughout all those holly leaves. It was wonderful stitching with the bright contrasting colors and taking a break from my other three projects which all use more subdued and subtle shades.

Garfield was stitched on a piece of 32 count linen from Silkweaver's. (Back before they were sold to some big company that destroyed their reputation. But that's a different saga). It was called a "unique one of a kind mini solo", which I think means it was a leftover snippet of a larger cut. Whatever the case, it was perfect for this project.

I finally have something Christmassy that I made myself to hang up on the wall! Wonder how long it'll take me to make some others...




(Originally typed up in 2011)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whenever possible, I will create a link for the project title and designer in case anyone wishes to add anything to their stash.  Most times, an active link will direct you to 1-2-3 Stitch!'s online store as I've never had a bad customer service experience with this company and I tend to be loyal to a fault.  If the item is no longer for sale through Joanne, I will do my best to find another active seller, but please be forgiving if something goes out of print and my links lead you on a wild goose chase before I'm aware of their shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment